NEWS ARCHIVE: 2014 - 2018
- DeZURIK is a proud supporter of POH, and is making a difference. Check out their recent drive and results! Also, thank you to Kay Jewelers for their contribution.
- Lawson Family Dental provided 5 full backpacks. POH greatly appreciates the community support.
- Backpacks provided to local foster children has surpassed 1,000. Thank you to all the Pockets of Hope supporters for their part to meet this need!
- The backpack count has been updated to 994. The community support and community need continues!
- The Maple Grove Hospital Pharmacy staff donated a car full of backpacks and items. Thank you for your support of local foster kids!
- More feedback from two children that received backpacks. Read The Impact.
- New feedback from a recent recipient of a backpack. Check out The Impact.
- Pockets of Hope has provided over 900 backpacks to date for local foster children in central Minnesota.
- Thank you to Girl Scout Troop #399. They made blankets, collected backpack items, and helped pack backpacks!
- The Central Minnesota Lama Club provided a huge donation of tie blankets, stuffed animals, night lights, water bottles and gum! Thank you for your generosity and support!
- Alltran of Sartell had a drive and collected hundreds of items and donated money to Pockets of Hope. Thank you Alltran!
- Backpack count updated to 828.
- The 4th Annual Pockets of Hope Fundraiser is Sunday April 22nd, 4-7pm, at the Blue Line Sartell. Want to help? Donate funds, donate items, or buy food at the Blue Line. View all the contributors on the Events page.
- The donations and community support continues, check out our Supporters page!
- More great feedback. Check out The Impact.
- A big thanks to Cassie S. & the Stearns County Healthcare Unit for donating 16 filled backpacks!
- Thank you to the newest Supporters of Pockets of Hope: Sartell Sauk Rapids MOMS Club, South Santiago Lutheran Church, & Stearns Benton Bar Association.
- Save the Date - the 4th Annual Pockets of Hope Fundraiser is Sunday, April 22th at the Blueline in Sartell.
- Backpack totals updated: For 2017, 344 provided. Overall total = 755.
- Pockets of Hope has dropped off 50+ backpacks to the Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center. These go directly to children in our area.
- A big thanks to employees of Lawson Family Dental. They collected and assembled six backpacks! The holidays will be extra special for local foster kids.
- The local middle school is putting together toiletry bags for the backpacks. Kids helping kids!
- Thank you to all others for your individual and group support, we are making a difference.
- Pockets of Hope has provided over 600 backpacks to local foster children.
- Local neighbors helped pack 24 backpacks for Stearns County kids. Thanks!
- Pockets of Hope is featured in the Trend Central Minnesota September/October issue. Read how POH is bringing light into the life of local children here.
- Pockets of Hope is answering the need, and has packed more backpacks for the Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center.
- Pockets of Hope received a handwritten note from a 16 year old. Read it at The Impact.
- Pockets of Hope has passed over 500 backpacks to local children. Another great milestone! Thank you for all the community support.
- Visit Pockets of Hope at the Annual Duelm Lions Club Pork Chop Feed, Wednesday June 14th at Jack & Jim's in Duelm. POH will be leading the kids games!
- Thank you to St. Cloud Heritage Quilters for their donation - see the Events page.
- The Pockets of Hope annual fundraiser is April 30, 4-7pm at Blueline Sartell. Stop on by!
- Congratulations to Jen for receiving the 2016 Volunteer Service Award from Stearns County in recognition for her work with Pockets of Hope.
- More great feedback received. Read it at The Impact.
- Items in Need: Books for all ages.
- Save the Date - the Pockets of Hope Fundraiser is Sunday, April 30th at the Blueline in Sartell. More details to follow.
- Pockets of Hope received another box of toothbrushes from Buffalo Family Dentistry. Thanks!
- Happy 2017! Pockets of Hope had a great year due to donations from the local individuals and organizations.
- Thank you to Chicks With Checks for your ongoing support!
- Thank you to all the volunteers that helped pack 30 more backpacks this month.
- Happy Holidays from Pockets of Hope!
- A big thank you to Mechanical Energy Systems & St. Cloud Refrigeration for donating proceeds from their silent auction.
- St. Cloud Refrigeration has joined the Pockets of Hope list of supporters.
- Read the exciting feedback from the Central MN Child Advocacy Center at - The Impact.
- Milestone: Pockets of Hope has provided over 300 backpacks for local foster children.
- Pockets of Hope is excited to collaborate with the Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center. Check out the backpacks delivered!
- Items request: we are in need of toys, books, underwear and socks for all ages/sizes.
- Milestone: Pockets of Hope has provided over 200 backpacks to local foster children.
- Our friends at Capital One St. Cloud had a Comfort Drive, and they exceeded their collection goals. View the results on the events page. Thank you Capital One!
- The Duelm Area Lions Club partnered with Pockets of Hope again this year, and offered children games at the pork chop dinner. Take a look on the events page!
- The positive effect continues to be felt in the community. Read more - The Impact.
- The 2nd Annual Pockets of Hope Fundraiser was a great event!
- The Pockets of Hope & Blue Line Fundraiser is featured in the April 8th, Sartell-St. Joseph Newsleaders.
- Milestone: Pockets of Hope has provided over 150 backpacks to local foster children. Thank you to all for your support!
- On April 30th: Lace up your shoes for the DeZurik & Brenny Transportation 6th Annual 5k Walk/Run Fundraiser - this year is supporting Pockets of Hope! This is a fun non-competitive/non-timed event.
- On April 10th 4-7pm: Stop by the Blue Line Sartell to support the Pockets of Hope Fundraiser for foster kids. Greatest items in need are: Pajamas, Socks, Underwear, Stuffed Animals, Books, & Blankets.
- On February 27th 9-1pm: Visit Pockets of Hope at the Sartell Red Carpet Showcase Event. A family friendly day full of business sponsored booth fun, kids games, entertainment and more!
- Happy New Year! Thanks to all our supporters to help children in our community!
- Pockets of Hope is a 2015 recipient of funds from the Stearns Electric Operation Round Up Program.
- Pockets of Hope has provided additional backpacks to local children.
- Read more great feedback on The Impact page.
- Milestone: Over the last six months, Pockets of Hope has provided 75 backpacks to children, fulfilling a great need in our community!
- Pockets of Hope has given out more backpacks to deserving children.
- Pockets of Hope has handed out more backpacks.
- Read a special thank you on The Impact page.
- Thank you to Health for Life for having Pockets of Hope be part of the October 4th Totally Rad Workout fundraiser.
- Please visit our Donate Items page. We are in need of the following items: teen boy and girl blankets, PJ's of all sizes, baby sleepers and onesies, bottles, diaper cream, lotion, night lights, small toys for boys and girls.
- Pockets of Hope has supplied more backpacks to local children.
- Pockets of Hope has provided additional backpacks to children in our area.
- Thank you to McFadden Resource Center for teaming with us!
- Pockets of Hope has provided backpacks to special children in our community.
- The June 10th Duelm Lions Pork Chop Dinner was a great event. Pockets of Hope had lots of fun helping with the children games!
- Thank you to Sartell Troop 123 for your support.
- Thank you to Sartell Troop 109 for your contribution.
- May is National Foster Care Month! We recognize foster families and professionals that are dedicated to the care for foster children.
- Thank you to Duelm Area Lions Club for your contribution.
- Thank you to the St. Cloud Optimists Club for your donation.
- Thank you to Blue Line Sports Bar & Grill for partnering with us.
- Pockets of Hope is featured in The Pine Cone Connection - April 2015 Publication.
- Donate Funds using PayPal.
- Thank you to the Gries Family for their donation.
- Thank you to Buffalo Family Dentistry for your contribution.
- Thank you to Chicks With Checks for your support.
- Pockets of Hope launches their website.
- Pockets of Hope is on Facebook.