NEWS ARCHIVE: 2014 - 2019
- The impact of a special backpack is making a difference this holiday season.
- Thanks to Just for Kix - St. Cloud for their backpack and item drive!
- Backpack count update = 1,358.
- Thank you to our local community individuals and organizations for your ongoing support this year, especially during the holiday season.
- POH continues to collect items and pack backpacks.
- Backpack count updated, total since 2015.
- More backpacks were packed to fulfill the ongoing need at the Child Advocacy Center and for Todd County.
- POH is continuing to partner with local organizations for backpack drives!
- POH continues to make a direct impact with local foster children. Read about it!
- Thank you to the Project Linus & St. Cloud Quilters Club for your ongoing support and fulfilling the need for tie blankets & quilts.
- Thank you to the Richmond Elementary summer school students for providing backpacks.
- POH continues to fill and deliver backpacks for local children entering foster care.
- May is National Foster Care Month, a time to acknowledge foster parents, family members, volunteers, mentors, policy makers, child welfare professionals and other members of the of the community who help children and youth in foster care find permanent homes and connections.
- 5th Annual Fundraiser THANK YOU! There was a great turnout and community support for the fundraiser. Visit the Events page for the recap!
- POH packed more backpacks for Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center.
- POH continues to provide backpacks to local foster children.
- POH is still accepting donations for the April 4th fundraiser. Contact us to get involved!
- 5th Annual Fundraiser - Join us to raise money to support local foster children!
- Save the Date - the Pockets of Hope Annual Fundraiser is Sunday, April 7th, 4-7pm, at the Blueline in Sartell. More event details to follow.
- DeZURIK is a proud supporter of POH, and is making a difference. Check out their recent drive and results! Also, thank you to Kay Jewelers for their contribution.
- Lawson Family Dental provided 5 full backpacks. POH greatly appreciates the community support.
- Backpacks provided to local foster children has surpassed 1,000. Thank you to all the Pockets of Hope supporters for their part to meet this need!
- The backpack count has been updated to 994. The community support and community need continues!
- The Maple Grove Hospital Pharmacy staff donated a car full of backpacks and items. Thank you for your support of local foster kids!
- More feedback from two children that received backpacks. Read The Impact.
- New feedback from a recent recipient of a backpack. Check out The Impact.
- Pockets of Hope has provided over 900 backpacks to date for local foster children in central Minnesota.
- Thank you to Girl Scout Troop #399. They made blankets, collected backpack items, and helped pack backpacks!
- The Central Minnesota Lama Club provided a huge donation of tie blankets, stuffed animals, night lights, water bottles and gum! Thank you for your generosity and support!
- Alltran of Sartell had a drive and collected hundreds of items and donated money to Pockets of Hope. Thank you Alltran!
- Backpack count updated to 828.
- The 4th Annual Pockets of Hope Fundraiser is Sunday April 22nd, 4-7pm, at the Blue Line Sartell. Want to help? Donate funds, donate items, or buy food at the Blue Line. View all the contributors on the Events page.
- The donations and community support continues, check out our Supporters page!
- More great feedback. Check out The Impact.
- A big thanks to Cassie S. & the Stearns County Healthcare Unit for donating 16 filled backpacks!
- Thank you to the newest Supporters of Pockets of Hope: Sartell Sauk Rapids MOMS Club, South Santiago Lutheran Church, & Stearns Benton Bar Association.
- Save the Date - the 4th Annual Pockets of Hope Fundraiser is Sunday, April 22th at the Blueline in Sartell.
- Backpack totals updated: For 2017, 344 provided. Overall total = 755.
- Pockets of Hope has dropped off 50+ backpacks to the Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center. These go directly to children in our area.
- A big thanks to employees of Lawson Family Dental. They collected and assembled six backpacks! The holidays will be extra special for local foster kids.
- The local middle school is putting together toiletry bags for the backpacks. Kids helping kids!
- Thank you to all others for your individual and group support, we are making a difference.
- Pockets of Hope has provided over 600 backpacks to local foster children.
- Local neighbors helped pack 24 backpacks for Stearns County kids. Thanks!
- Pockets of Hope is featured in the Trend Central Minnesota September/October issue. Read how POH is bringing light into the life of local children here.
- Pockets of Hope is answering the need, and has packed more backpacks for the Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center.
- Pockets of Hope received a handwritten note from a 16 year old. Read it at The Impact.
- Pockets of Hope has passed over 500 backpacks to local children. Another great milestone! Thank you for all the community support.
- Visit Pockets of Hope at the Annual Duelm Lions Club Pork Chop Feed, Wednesday June 14th at Jack & Jim's in Duelm. POH will be leading the kids games!
- Thank you to St. Cloud Heritage Quilters for their donation - see the Events page.
- The Pockets of Hope annual fundraiser is April 30, 4-7pm at Blueline Sartell. Stop on by!
- Congratulations to Jen for receiving the 2016 Volunteer Service Award from Stearns County in recognition for her work with Pockets of Hope.
- More great feedback received. Read it at The Impact.
- Items in Need: Books for all ages.
- Save the Date - the Pockets of Hope Fundraiser is Sunday, April 30th at the Blueline in Sartell. More details to follow.
- Pockets of Hope received another box of toothbrushes from Buffalo Family Dentistry. Thanks!
- Happy 2017! Pockets of Hope had a great year due to donations from the local individuals and organizations.
- Thank you to Chicks With Checks for your ongoing support!
- Thank you to all the volunteers that helped pack 30 more backpacks this month.
- Happy Holidays from Pockets of Hope!
- A big thank you to Mechanical Energy Systems & St. Cloud Refrigeration for donating proceeds from their silent auction.
- St. Cloud Refrigeration has joined the Pockets of Hope list of supporters.
- Read the exciting feedback from the Central MN Child Advocacy Center at - The Impact.
- Milestone: Pockets of Hope has provided over 300 backpacks for local foster children.
- Pockets of Hope is excited to collaborate with the Central Minnesota Child Advocacy Center. Check out the backpacks delivered!
- Items request: we are in need of toys, books, underwear and socks for all ages/sizes.
- Milestone: Pockets of Hope has provided over 200 backpacks to local foster children.
- Our friends at Capital One St. Cloud had a Comfort Drive, and they exceeded their collection goals. View the results on the events page. Thank you Capital One!
- The Duelm Area Lions Club partnered with Pockets of Hope again this year, and offered children games at the pork chop dinner. Take a look on the events page!
- The positive effect continues to be felt in the community. Read more - The Impact.
- The 2nd Annual Pockets of Hope Fundraiser was a great event!
- The Pockets of Hope & Blue Line Fundraiser is featured in the April 8th, Sartell-St. Joseph Newsleaders.
- Milestone: Pockets of Hope has provided over 150 backpacks to local foster children. Thank you to all for your support!
- On April 30th: Lace up your shoes for the DeZurik & Brenny Transportation 6th Annual 5k Walk/Run Fundraiser - this year is supporting Pockets of Hope! This is a fun non-competitive/non-timed event.
- On April 10th 4-7pm: Stop by the Blue Line Sartell to support the Pockets of Hope Fundraiser for foster kids. Greatest items in need are: Pajamas, Socks, Underwear, Stuffed Animals, Books, & Blankets.
- On February 27th 9-1pm: Visit Pockets of Hope at the Sartell Red Carpet Showcase Event. A family friendly day full of business sponsored booth fun, kids games, entertainment and more!
- Happy New Year! Thanks to all our supporters to help children in our community!
- Pockets of Hope is a 2015 recipient of funds from the Stearns Electric Operation Round Up Program.
- Pockets of Hope has provided additional backpacks to local children.
- Read more great feedback on The Impact page.
- Milestone: Over the last six months, Pockets of Hope has provided 75 backpacks to children, fulfilling a great need in our community!
- Pockets of Hope has given out more backpacks to deserving children.
- Pockets of Hope has handed out more backpacks.
- Read a special thank you on The Impact page.
- Thank you to Health for Life for having Pockets of Hope be part of the October 4th Totally Rad Workout fundraiser.
- Please visit our Donate Items page. We are in need of the following items: teen boy and girl blankets, PJ's of all sizes, baby sleepers and onesies, bottles, diaper cream, lotion, night lights, small toys for boys and girls.
- Pockets of Hope has supplied more backpacks to local children.
- Pockets of Hope has provided additional backpacks to children in our area.
- Thank you to McFadden Resource Center for teaming with us!
- Pockets of Hope has provided backpacks to special children in our community.
- The June 10th Duelm Lions Pork Chop Dinner was a great event. Pockets of Hope had lots of fun helping with the children games!
- Thank you to Sartell Troop 123 for your support.
- Thank you to Sartell Troop 109 for your contribution.
- May is National Foster Care Month! We recognize foster families and professionals that are dedicated to the care for foster children.
- Thank you to Duelm Area Lions Club for your contribution.
- Thank you to the St. Cloud Optimists Club for your donation.
- Thank you to Blue Line Sports Bar & Grill for partnering with us.
- Pockets of Hope is featured in The Pine Cone Connection - April 2015 Publication.
- Donate Funds using PayPal.
- Thank you to the Gries Family for their donation.
- Thank you to Buffalo Family Dentistry for your contribution.
- Thank you to Chicks With Checks for your support.
- Pockets of Hope launches their website.
- Pockets of Hope is on Facebook.